Hiding my pain. Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing the pain is a skill.
We feel pain whenever our expectation was not met. We have standards that we need to follow in order for us to not feel the pain.
These are the pain that changes our outlook in life. Hiding my pain is the only thing that helps me survive my day. I don’t want to be felt pity for.
In addition, I believe that pain is only a weakness that leaves your body. Hiding your own pain is a strength of your character.
We cope using a different mechanism to hide the pain that we felt inside.
Different Defense Mechanism
- DENIAL – It is a refusal to accept the fact
- REGRESSION- Reversion to an earlier stage of life
- ACTING OUT- Performing an extreme behavior just to show emotion
- DISSOCIATION- Disconnected view of the world
- COMPARTMENTALIZATION- is part of dissociation wherein part of oneself is separated from awareness
- REPRESSION- Unconscious repressing of unacceptable thoughts
Hiding your pain like I said earlier is not a sign of weakness. You hide your pain because you don’t want others to be bothered by it.
Sometimes, one mans pain is a man’s pleasure. In contrast, the pain of others might be a source of a joke for some
They treat the pain of others like an open book. Ready to be read and scrutinize. Well, don’t mind the people that surround you.
Focus on what you feel rather dwelling on the things that you don’t have control of.
You are strong but there are days you know that you’ve been broken beyond repairs and you can feel the hurt in the core of your being.
When this time comes, just embrace the pain. Feel the lingering pain in your heart. It’s a sign that you are human and you are alive to face every challenge.
10 Painful Things
- Bringing back the feeling you’ve learned to forget.
- Reminiscing the good times
- Trying to hide what you really feel
- Loving someone who loves another
- Having a commitment to someone you would not last
- Shielding your heart to love somebody
- Loving a person too much
- Taking the risk to Fall in love again & right love at the wrong time
- Accepting that it was never meant to be
- What ifs
Pain is just a signal that something is wrong. You have an option to make this pain work as your advantage.
Let the pain teach you to be tough and not give up to life easily. Soon, you’ll get over the pain. In addition, it gives you will to succeed in your aspirations.
Pain, when handled well, is crucial for a positive change. The skill that you should learn is to treat pain as a friend.
Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you.