Controversy still lingers with the use of Marijuana globally. Although the studies that were conducted is still not sufficient to prove the efficacy of the said plant to cure and alleviate diseases.
Country that legalize use of Marijuana
- Netherland (Amsterdam)
- South Africa
- Some states of USA ( Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, Washington DC)
The recent miss Universe went viral when it questioned Miss Philippines regarding the use of Marijuana.
Question: Canada recently joined Uruguay as the second nation in the world to make marijuana legal. What is your opinion on the regularization of marijuana
Answer : I’m for it being used for medical use, but not so for recreational use. Because I think if people will argue then what about alcohol and cigarettes? Everything is good but in moderation.
In moderation, everything is good. Each of us has an opinion regarding the use of Marijuana. Subsequently, due it’s bad reputation for recreational use. Many had a lot negative opinion about its usage.
Slang words for marijuana: Weed ,Pot, Reefer, Grass, Dope, Ganja, Mary Jane, Hash, Herb, Aunt Mary, skunk, boom, chronic, bammy, blanket
- Many didn’t grow marijuana to get high.
- It use main for herbal medicine
- Use to grew hemp for textile
- Burned cannabis seeds have been found in graves of Shaman around 500 B.C.
- Hashish a purified form of cannabis is widely used in Middles East and South East Asia
Marijuana had been portrayed in the media to be self destructed. Movies depicts, that cannabis is mostly used to be stoned. People who use it on a daily basis reports that it provides them relaxation and aids on their anxiety.
Effects of Marijuana
- Sense of relaxation
- Heightened sensory perception (Brighter colors)
- Increase appetite
- altered perception of time
- Lowered reaction time
- Lower Life satisfaction
- Loss of coordination
- Anxiety or panic reactions
- Difficulty thinking and problem solving
- Inability to distinguish oneself from others
We recognize cannabis mainly from its distinctive leaves. The flower of the plant has the concentrated amount of essence that you can use to synthesize the substance that you need.
The main components of the marijuana is the THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol).
- THC is the chemical mostly responsible for the psychological effects of Marijuana
- CBD is the chemical attributed mostly to cure or alleviate medical conditions like epilepsy
There are a lot of canabinoid substance that are still found in marijuana but this two main component made a lot of buzz lately.
The two substance is inversely proportional. When the THC level of the cannabis is high you expect that the CBD component is low.
People who use marijuana for recreation, experiments on how to increase the level of the THC on the plant. While on the other hand Health professionals and Scientist is still testing the benefits of CBD.
Male vs. Female
Cannabis are either male or female. The resins that we all consume come from a female species. To increase the resin from the female, they are isolated and made sure that there’s no male plant to cross pollinate them.
In return, female cannabis plant due to sexual frustration yields more resin to persuade pollination from male pants. There are still hermaprodite (sex can’t be determined) cannabis plant that can pollinate on its own and will continue to develop.
How to determine Male from Female
- Female cannabis pre-flowers grow as tiny bracts with hair-like stigma peeking out.
- Male plants produce small, round balls at the nodes
In the end it’s up to us if we join the frenzy of using marijuana. Although curiosity is one of the main reason why we end up using this substance. We need to be vigilant and determine the negative effects that it might cause us.
Don’t judge easily. Time will reveal if the use of marijuana will have a great impact towards the people who really needs it.